Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Trying to Make Cents of it All

Ok so I took a small Hiatus from posting. My life’s been very busy lately what with homework, not dating, and more homework. I figured no one would notice a short lapse in my entries. Today, I was re-awakened to my sense of civic duty when an old friend emailed me about using one of my former posts in his new stand up routine. He says he’s performing this Friday at 8:30 pm at the Wilkinson center.

Yes friends, I got through to someone! To my utter surprise, my blog is actually read and occasionally even remembered. Sure my blogs have never
uncovered a government conspiracy,
a breaking news story,
or convinced states to raise their emission standards.

But come this weekend, bored students will fork over a whopping 2 dollars to hear a blog they never read (but should have). True, it will take less than a minute for my friend to work it into his routine but at two bucks a pop, that minute is worth about 3 cents. You’ve heard about putting in your “two cents” but for one night I will be putting in my “three cents.” And so I am re-inspired to post again as I join the ranks of other faithful and obscure bloggers everywhere, in whose mighty presence I shall no longer fill ashamed. And so to blogging critics who say, “There are too many bloggers, starfish, or comedians to possibly make a difference--I say, “it made a difference to that guy.” And too you reader, I say, keep blogging! The next blog you post could touch someone’s life or maybe, just maybe, their funny bone.

5 Comments:

Blogger masta_te_cha said...

I feel like a difference maker, nay a hero. Bloggers around the globe are all heros. Good job heros!

October 25, 2006  
Blogger Just Another Girl said...

Hey, wouldn't that make you very nearly perhaps and quite possibly almost famous? Or was your status as B- list BYU celeb cemented with Ninja Man?

October 25, 2006  
Blogger bec said...

impressive. I'm going to take some credit for that.

October 27, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

the infamous el guapo! i can no longer say that you are funnier online than you are in person now that you are both published and quoted by campus comedians far and wide. you know you have arrived when people start quoting you back to you.

but don't think for one second you had any effect whatsoever on my funny bone . . .

October 30, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

j.a.g.,
I haven't gotten many offers after Ninja man except to be on a VH1 special entitled "where are they now?"

Kelly,

I guess I'll just have to settle for the effect I had on your heart

November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home