Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Confessions of a Weekend Loser


Those that read my blog have probably heard all about my lucky Saturday evening. Well, its not all been a bed of dandylions. In an effort to balance out my weekend, I made up for Saturday by being pre-emptively anti-social on friday. I really didn't want to hang out with my roommate and his new girlfriend, so I stayed at home working on a project and watched a movie. Later I was confronted by Him, his girl, and his girl's roommate. They demanded, "Why didn't you come over?" I told them the un abashed truth. I got really into a movie. The movie? Dreamer. Ok! Big Deal. So I watched a cheesy family movie about a little girl and her horse...on a friday night...on my labtop...alone...eating cashews, but I didn't cry. I had something in my eye!! I give it two thumbs up. Ok the big question is: have I ever actually cried during a movie? Yes. Braveheart. End of story. I did go out with a girl who admitted to always crying during Halmark commercials. Every commercial. Ok, so I took the big step and told you mine, now tell me what movie you cried during. And I'm not talking about when you were five and you thought Baloo died in Jungle Book. I wanna hear about some films that are real tear jerkers.

9 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

Does watery eyed count? I think I got watery eyed in My Girl, remember that movie? Yeah, the kid died, how could you not get watery eyed?

August 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forrest gump. cant help it. gets me everytime. not just watery...pretty much a waterfall.

August 15, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

i am crying right now just thinking about poor andrew wilson in the scourge that is church ball. i usually end up crying quite a bit anytime vince vaughn is in a movie. man, who doesn't enjoy a good movie cry?

August 15, 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

How about Charly? I am not a crier, and as pathetic as that is, I am pretty sure thats the only movie I have ever full on CRIED in.

August 15, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tear jerker? I'm not really a crier... more the watery-eyed type. Movies like Old Yeller and Bambi come to mind. Come on, who doesn't get a little emotional when man's best friend dies... or worse, some body's mother dies?

Oh, congrats and welcome to Provo Platinum. We're glad to have you!

August 16, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

Wow 5 comments! I'm a little misty eyed

August 16, 2006  
Blogger Ronnie said...

Who are you and what is your relation to ProvoPlat? Castaway can unleash a shed of tears that can only be stopped by the credits.

August 16, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

I totally agree about Castaway. Man Tom Hanks has talent when you find yourself caring for a volleyball. Then once he's rescued, it gets ultra super sad.
Question: If I laugh during "crying street children scenes" have I lost my humanity?
It's purely hypothetical

August 24, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

Sorry, I failed to mention my relation to ProvoPlat. It's quite simple really and by that I mean:

My brothers' uncles' cousins' sisters' friends' bus drivers' former roommate shared a bunk in a foster home with ProvoPlat's sister's cousin twice removed (on the mother's side)

August 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home