Monday, July 09, 2007

Denny's the Dive


I know you're probably thinking Denny's was always a dive. You're right, except now they are a higher priced dive. Remember when the Grand Slam was only $1.99 now it’s only
$6.19 can you believe it! Somehow it just doesn't feel Grand anymore. Perhaps they should change its name to "In the Park home Run" or maybe, "A Close Called Foul"

Ironic that the prices have risen while the caliber of employees has dropped. Denny's has now managed to make my list of top 5 worst customer service experiences of all time. I should add that I lived outside of America for 2 years in countries where they don't even know what customer service means. I wonder if Denny's was named after a guy named Denny. I think if I ever meet a Denny I'm going to deck him just in case. (Even if he's wearing a GUI) I think Denny's will now become a part of my vocabulary. I will now use it as an interchangeable synonym in the following list:

Complete Mess
Screwed Up beyond recognition
Brokeback

Tip you ask? Here's a tip don't go to Denny's

3 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

I loved breakfast for $1.99. I don't even think I can make myself pancakes, eggs, & sausage for $1.99

July 10, 2007  
Blogger B-rad said...

Yeah but I bet you could for under $7 plus a tip

July 12, 2007  
Blogger B-rad said...

I should add that my friend got a Meatlovers platter for $7

3 French toast
2 Eggs, 2 Bacon, 2 Sausage, 2 Ham
And Hash browns

My other friend, Shellie, just ordered a side of French toast. When the bill came they also charged her $7

We spoke to the Manager, who was very ill tempered and insisted that $7 is also the price for just the French toast and that we should have enquired before ordering. Heaven forbid our waiter say anything. Truthfully we should have enquired before going to Denny's.

July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home