Monday, December 04, 2006

Not The Best Two Weeks

Ok, so I was sick, my truck broke down, and the heating in my apartment didn't work. I missed school, work, and forked over $600 to repair my truck. Hey but some good came out of it__I missed school and work. Now I am way behind on my already way behind schedule. There's a certain amount of freedom in being completely fouled up. I mean it can't get any worse because it already got worse. Of course if there's one thing that I've learned from life, it’s that life can always get harder and more complicated. You may think life is hard, but then it just gets ridiculously harder. Then you think, ah well this is as hard as it gets. Then, suddenly, life will become absurdly hard.

Take my truck for example. I remember when I got the shifting motor on the 4 wheel drive replaced. At the time I thought that I would probably go the next 40,000 without too many more repairs. Now 40,000 miles later I look at my truck and remember such things as: The night the transmission blew, the day the clutch went out, the day it overheated, replacing my rear drum brakes, replacing a headlight, the other day it overheated, replacing a valve on the radiator, a radiator flush, broken upper and lower intake valves (all of them), broken thermostat, broken windshield wiper fluid, shattered windshield, bald tires, new tires, and another coolant flush.

Aside from all these repairs are the other broken things that I just live with. Pretty much everything underneath the hood is rusted. One of the headlights is cracked. The back window leaks when it rains. The roof and floor of the back window are molding. The left window is loose and I’m the only one that knows how to roll it up. The air conditioning seized up years ago. The windshields cracked. The water pump was leaking but stopped; the transmission fluid was leaking but stopped. The middle seat is broken. I have used patches, pliers, sealant, super glue, and duct tape. “Other than that she’s cherry!” I really should post a picture of my beautiful ford truck. It has such sentimental value which is good because otherwise it would be worthless.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

hang on, you should be proud of your cancer truck! it takes a certain finesse to pull off that kind of cool. sorry to hear about the high maintenance mode of transportation - i understand completely. let's just sit here and not say anything and rejoice in the fact that we even have a cancerous car or truck . . . who am i kidding? scrap it and get a nice, new altima! chicks totally dig altimas.

December 04, 2006  
Blogger bec said...

quit making stuff up, like anyone is really going to believe all that

December 05, 2006  
Blogger bec said...

we all know why you have really been gone the past couple of weeks: aliens.

December 05, 2006  
Blogger Just Another Girl said...

I have a few pics of that truck that are worthy of posting... it always did look good in soap and TP...

Aww...memories...

December 05, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

Thats why my truck is ill. Its just like in the movie "The Christmas Story" where Ralphie says, "It was soap poisoning!"

December 06, 2006  
Blogger Just Another Girl said...

Bah... it's sick because it misses me and my attention. Hmmm... that's probably why you've been sick too... :P

December 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, you've had a bad week. Now let's hear about the broccoli already!

December 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brad it's Holly here, YOUR SISTER, thought I should distinguish myself amongst all your faithful female commenters... Where are all the male comments? So, I know I've been out of the social scene for a while since I have been married for the past 7 1/2 years, is blogging like the advanced, trendy form of flirtation? Perhaps Ben and I should start blogging each other.... HMMM Just wanted you to know you are HILARIOUS and I MISS YOU! Come to Nashville to visit. By the way, Ty saw your picture and asked me if Uncle Brad is Superman...

December 26, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

While blogging is advanced and trendy it is rarely a form of flirting. Mostly it is an outlet for people who never had their own talk show, but should have. Unless of course it is a girl commenting on my blog. In that case they just can't help themselves and who can blame them! Especially if they see my photo and think they are flirting with Superman. Chick's dig tights.

December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home