Monday, November 06, 2006

Changeup


Previously I posted, that I eat Oatmeal every morning at work. Well, today I must confess that I am not going to. In fact, I'm going to eat Lucky Charms. Why? Perhaps it’s my Irish roots, or maybe it’s the charm of a cereal that manages to sneak in a new marshmallow flavor every two years. Ok, so it’s not really a new flavor, it’s just a new shape and color used as a Trojan horse to inject even more sugar into kids. Big Kids, like me, who have grown up but still expect the same sugar high.

Does anyone else remember when Lucky Charms only had four different mallow shapes? I wonder if there were no marshmallows when the first Irish immigrants came to America? America probably afforded them the freedom to consume mass amounts of sugar for breakfast.

So I'm out of Oatmeal and Smiths had a Cereal Sale. This "cheap factor" is why I'm just about to pour a bowlful of Lucky Charms. I know what you’re thinking. Isn't it a little dangerous to mess with success to abandon the tried and true formula? Perhaps... but today, I'm feeling Lucky.

5 Comments:

Blogger Just Another Girl said...

Oh sure, blame the cheap factor for the purchase of the Lucky Charms... we all know it was really just the siren song of their marshmallowy goodness...

November 06, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

so it was you that stole me lucky charms . . .

November 07, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

The charms are good, but watch out for the charm-burps, only thing worse is Cheerios. Never and I repeat Never, mix your Charms with Coke. It's worse than mixing Coke and Pop Rocks.

November 07, 2006  
Blogger B-rad said...

I once mixed Mellow Yellow and Dr. Pepper and then jumped on the Trampoline. That was not my finest hour.

I also had a friend that used a twinki for a hot dog bun and put easy cheese on it. I asked him "howd it taste?" He said, "about like you'd expect."

November 10, 2006  
Blogger masta_te_cha said...

I felt lucky once, and then I became a diabetic. Lucky Charms clearly did not create the charms to be eaten by us mixed breeds. I need more Irish in my blood before I can sit down to another bowl of the Charms. Until that happens I am sticking to cereals with rasins that crack my teeth.

November 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home