Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tactical Dating Maneuvers

I recently learned that a friend of mine is a "pre-emptive breaker upper." As soon as she feels a hint that she's going to be thrown overboard, she quickly pushes the other person out of the relationship raft and into the shockingly cold waters. My only thought on this is what if there were no weapons of mass destruction? What if the reason for odd behavior was not a breakup, but actually a proposal in the works? This brings about the thought of little red flags that lead to a relationship civil war. For example, once, while I was dating a girl, I realized that I had never found out what she likes to do when we weren't together. Nothing was her answer. Nothing! How could that be? I questioned her about hobbies, sports, and media. She did nothing. She liked nothing, and so therefore all she did was nothing. Another friend told me that he dated a girl with no sense of humor. I said, "Don’t you mean a poor sense of humor?" He said, "NO sense of humor." I would rather date a girl with no sense of smell than one with no sense of humor. In fact this would be ideal. After all, I have a friend named Curtis who once said, "Dating is nothing more than holding in your gas all evening, while trying to think of intelligent things to say, and spending money on other people's wives." He's such an Optimist!

5 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

Curtis has a weird perspective on dating. I hear a lot of people say they don't like spending money on other people's wives, but hopefully someone (maybe those girl's future husbands) are spending money on your wife. It's all fair then.

July 20, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

all is fair in love and war.

July 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that so true bec, if all guys thought like that the dating workd would stop going around we'd all be dating and socially barren. Way to go for the frame of mind where think that your wife is getting looked after too.
Kim

July 20, 2006  
Blogger Kelly said...

who is this "hermano?"

July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

August 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home