Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Life Is...

I’ve always heard many sayings about life. They include:

Life is a sport
Life is a sonnet
Life is a journey
Life is a test
Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans

I’ve decided my life is an outtake. It’s like the director just kept rolling no matter how bad I mess up my lines. You ever wish you could claim an outtake and re-shoot something. Just think of a time you put you’re foot in your mouth or a really awkward doorstep scene at the end of a date. That’s pretty much what my life is. It’s one really long awkward scene. Fortunately for me I enjoy laughing at outtakes because c’mon they're absurdly funny. Sure sometimes you feel bad for the actor and wonder if he’ll ever get it right, but then another outtake happens and you find yourself laughing so hard that you cry.

Sometimes pondering my life
causes me to shoot milk out my nose.

Sometimes pondering my life causes me to shoot milk out my nose. Shakespeare once said that all the world’s a stage. He could have added, “and some guys have alotta outtakes.” I’m just glad I’m not in a tragedy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Brad,
I think my life was until today a nebulous search for a new job:)
How is it going I saw that your blog had a severe lack of love at the moment. Brilliant, check mine out also, see what I have been up to lately. Are you still working on your BFA?

October 10, 2008  
Blogger Kelly said...

HA! hey, outtakes are the best part of a special addition DVD of your life

December 08, 2008  
Blogger B-rad said...

Good Point!

December 12, 2008  
Blogger Shauna said...

Hey, Brad. I have Linda and Karen's email addresses, but I can't find yours to send them to you. :) Email me at sjs2(at)byu(dot)net and I'll send them to you. Thanks for the compliment on our blog. It's kind of a combination of thing--we have a template for the sides, Mike made the header, and I am the color coordinator. :) Hope all is well. Love, Shauna

January 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home